Archive: Jul 2014

  1. Thursday Salute to Originals: Childhood Scribbles, Grown Up

    It looks like the end is near… the end of summer that is. While we’re not quite into August yet, it seems signs of fall are already creeping in – slightly cooler breezes, earlier sunsets, and dreaded back-to-school specials are looming. The latter is probably the most daunting. Most of us in the office have […]

    Read more
  2. Thursday Salute to Originals: Adobe Ink & Slide

    Drawing? Sketching? Doodling? They’ve got an app for that! These days there is an app for just about anything you could think of. New technology happens daily all around us, but when it is geared towards the design process, we might pay a bit more attention. Gone are the days of paper and pencil sketching, […]

    Read more
  3. Thursday Salute to Originals: Architecture Under Cover

    Being in Northeast Ohio, we know the weather can change in the time it takes to snap your fingers. The joys of spending an hour getting ready for the day just to go out into the summer humidity to have it ruined in seconds. Or how about in the winter months when you climb in […]

    Read more
  4. Thursday Salute to Originals: Salty Panels

    Salt! Sprinkle it on your corncob, put a dash in your pasta water, use it to make homemade cleaning agents or even mouthwash. Believe it or not, a minimal 6% of all salt manufactured goes into food. So where does the other 94% go? Besides being a basic commodity for making food delicious, it is […]

    Read more
  5. Thursday Salute to Originals: Oh Say Can You See…

    Tomorrow is Independence Day and we’re gearing up for the colorful fireworks which will be lighting up the skies. Around here, you can’t talk about color and light without spurring a long discussion about translucency and natural onyx… but as opposed to writing a narrative about the intriguing layers of fireworks as compared to natural […]

    Read more