Download “A Closer Look: Backlit Glass Ceilings + Walls”
Surface, Structure + Lighting Design Strategies for Backlit Glass Ceiling + Wall Systems. Download the Custom Details from Franklin Square in Washington, D.C.
- What was the idea behind the restoration of Franklin Square’s street presence while preserving its character?
- Discover how the mock-up was a pivotal step to study at full scale the structure, lighting performance and fine finish details
- Detailed structural system to support backlit ceiling and wall systems eliminating any structural evidence
- How was the LED backlighting was evenly distributed and diffusion cavity determined?
- Custom glass selection identifying glass surfaces to meet specified surface coloration continuation from ceiling to wall
- Architectural detail drawings and Revit column study for seamless installation